Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried to arrange lowered contract, didn't agree to anything but they renewed anyway

So my bill was due to go roll over from £41.95 to £59.95 at the end of contract for an identical package which is pretty outrageous so I called up to discuss. The usual merry-go-round where you say you want to leave, they "work something out" and it carries on with a smaller increase. Modern customer service for loyal customers. The person kept putting me on hold, discussing with colleagues, "trying to work something out" etc and suggested I add a free SIM card to my account, which qualified it for a family discount. I didn't want the SIM but agreed as it would take the monthly bill down to £36. After some more holding and a credit check he said actually it would be £42. Then more holding and actually I didn't need the SIM so he cancelled that. Then he kept saying he had system problems so suggested he call me back or I call in so we left it at that. Only an hour and ten minutes on the phone.

Later I heard nothing (expected) but got an email saying my contract had been renewed for 18 months at £54.99, a whopping £5 discount applied! I did not agree to this at all. Then another email saying I would be billed £10 for this "free" SIM that was cancelled and I didn't even want.

Trying to get through to a call centre either leads me on infinite hold, or through to someone who says they can't help and will put me through, which goes on hold again. I have no other way of contacting Virgin so am trying these forums. I just want to cancel whatever changes have been made that I didn't even want!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tried to arrange lowered contract, didn't agree to anything but they renewed anyway

Hi Sparkplugs83,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you have been messed around in regards to some package changes that were made, I can appreciate that this must have caused some confusion and frustration.

Whilst we cannot help with disconnection or package change requests here from the forums, I can still look into the changes made to figure out what went wrong.

Let me know if you'd like me to do this - if not and you are looking to leave, you have the option to text the team on 0753 305 1809 and they can help further with any package changes or disconnection requests. Of course we would hate to see you go, but that would be the best method of contact if you wish to cancel your services.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tried to arrange lowered contract, didn't agree to anything but they renewed anyway

Please help you are the only person who has replied. I found that text number a few days ago, no response so far. I have emailed the CEO and got an automated response but nothing else. I can't keep calling and being on hold for an hour. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you havent emailed the CEO you emailed an address published that will never be read by the cEO

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sparkplugs83,

I can see that you have raised a complaint about this on your call yesterday. Have the team looked into this further for you on the call and arranged a new deal for you or cancel your contract?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No one has contacted me or done anything at all. A SIM has now arrived, I have tried to log into "my" mobile account to look at it or cancel it but it won't recognise my details.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am aware these emails don't get seen by the *actual* CEO but usually they have a team who then handle high level complaints. It is something that often works with other companies like BT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi - an update, I managed to get through to someone at the call centre who was very helpful and we think has fixed whatever caused this the other day. I shall let you know however if there are any more problems.