Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transferring a broadband account to another account holder

Hello, 

In May 2019 I consulted Virgin Media Community Help Forum to find out how to transfer a broadband account to another account holder. All of these discussions from 2019 with the Virgin Media Community Help Forum were recorded under my username and password. The end result of these discussions was that I closed my account and then Virgin Media set up a new account at the address.

The reason  I'm contacting you now is that I have just been informed by the new account holder that their account is not registered in their name but has been registered under my name. The details are as follows:

My Old Account [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED], Account Holder [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

This was the original account and was cancelled in May 2019 and the final payment of £41.70 went through my account on 08/05/2019. 

New Account [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED],, Account Holder (Recorded as [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

If you ask your Accounts department they will be able to confirm that the payments you have been receiving for account [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED],have come from the account of J.Bozkurt and not from my bank account in the name of N.Gingold.

The new account holder only found out about this when having trouble with their broadband which has not been working properly. When contacting Virgin Media they were informed that Virgin Media couldn't action the request because the account is in the name of N.Gingold and that I would need to make the request on their behalf. However Virgin Media did mention that the account name could be changed but there would be a £20 charge.

If you read the previous correspondence under my  help forum account it is perfectly clear that I wanted my account closed and a new one set up in my ex-wife's new name (and obviously not in my name).

Please correct this error immediately because it would seem that Virgin Media have inadvertently committed a breach of data protection under GDPR regulations because you are using my name  without my permission on an account that is not mine.  Also, as this is Virgin Media's error, this correction to the account name should be done free of charge and the account holder informed, so that they can contact Virgin Media directly and get their broadband problem fixed. 

Regards

Nigel Gingold

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transferring a broadband account to another account holder

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We're not able to do Transfer of Ownership requests here via the forums so you'll need to call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or alternatively text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring a broadband account to another account holder

Hi John_GS,

Thanks for your reply. I did ring Virgin Media about this, following my post, and hopefully it has been sorted out, but if there's still a problem I will use one of the contact the numbers you suggest.

Kind Regards

Nigel

0 Kudos