Menu
SophieGemma
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transferring Broadband Contract to Flatmate

Hi everyone,

I currently own the account for the broadband in my shared house, but I will be moving out next month. I set up the account at the start of 2019. One of my housemates says she might be interested in having the account transferred to her, but we have a couple of questions:

1) On the Virgin Media page for transferring an account, it says "The person taking over the account will be entering into a minimum term contract". How long would this contract be? When I first set up the account, it was a 12 month contract; would it be another 12 months for the person I transfer the account to?

2) Would it be possible instead to transfer the account to our landlady (or landlady could buy a new broadband deal), but have one of the housemates be authorised to admin the account?

Thanks,

Sophie

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Broadband Contract to Flatmate

It might be cheaper for you to cancel the service and let the landlord/flatmate take out a new contract 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring Broadband Contract to Flatmate

Hi @SophieGemma 

I don't mind taking a look into this for you and shining some advice on the best way to do this. 

I will pop you a private message to take some details from you. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos