Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferred account after bereavement

Due to my fathers recent death I spoke to Virgin Media's bereavement service and was advised that I could take over his contract in my name and the contract would continue unchanged.  I have just received a massive bill from virgin including a month in advance and a contract change charge which wasn't made clear to me when the transfer was suggested. This amounted to 4 times what would be expected from a monthly bill. I think this therefore has been missold to me as I could have just begun a new contract and availed myself of the start up offers rather than get  end up paying a bill that is fourfold the regular amount. What is my best course of action in regards to being misadvised as I am mad as hell about the misleading information at what is a vulnerable time for me.

Rab

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferred account after bereavement

Hi Rab,

I am sorry to hear of your recent loss.

What you have said sounds like something may not have been done correctly. I would advise to speak to the Bereavement Team directly on 0800 952 2302.

They are open until 7:30 PM this evening, they are best placed to look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lets ask VM to have a look

@ModTeam - something seems to have gone wrong here - can someone have a look please

Tony
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rabelais, 

Thank you for your post and I am very sorry to hear about your fathers passing. 

As Wez has advised it doesn't sound like the correct process has been followed when having the account transferred into your name and I have now sent you a private message so we can get everything sorted out for you. 

Regards, 

Dean C