Menu
ruthelmer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of responsibility - Not completed properly!

Hello,

Hoping someone can help with this.

My husband recently passed away and the virgin media account was registered under his name (email address / virgin media account etc...).

I have completed the transfer of responsibility form and Virgin has replied say the account has been transferred and is now my reposibility.

However when I sign into my Virgin media account, I am still showing a secondary account and cannot view the virgin media package we are signed up to.

When I sign into my Husbands virgin media account, all of the information is still there under his name.

I rang virgin media support line and they said it was not possible to transfer it for some reason and said i need to create a new virgin media account. Litterally dont see how that would help.

So for emails, I have to log into my own Virgin media account, but for any account information billing etc, I still need to sign into my Husbands account.

Surely this is not correct?

Can I not get my email address moved over to his account?

Alternatively move ownership of all the services and billing to my account instead?

Litterally makes no sense.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of responsibility - Not completed properly!

Hi @ruthelmer

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Condolences firstly from all at Virgin Media.

I will also be happy to help you sort this online account out via PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ruthelmer
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the help. Ive replied to your PM.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ruthelmer

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

I've had to raise it with IT as it's not allowing me to change the username. IT's timescales are 3-5 working days so please use the details we discussed in the PM for now and then when all sorted, I'll come back and let you know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ruthelmer

Sorry for the delayed reply. IT have swapped the online account to the username you want so you should be able to log in. Let me know if you have any issues

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos