cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of ownership (keeping email address and phone number)

dvis
Just joined

Good morning,

I used to be a VM staff member many years ago, whilst living at my parental home. I have since moved out, and want the services to be in my parents name instead of my own. It is important that the same email address and phone number are kept, and really is just changing the name on the account (this has been the only person paying the bill and using the services for many years anyway!).

What's the best way to go about changing this whilst keeping the email etc.? I emailed the name change team and was advised of a 'transfer of ownership' process but that I would have to call customer service. I've also had conflicting information from various calls, and noone can seem to agree on what I should do.

Please can anyone offer some help? I would be very grateful - thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that there is no transfer of responsibility process anymore.

It’s cancel and order as a new customer, losing any emails after 90 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dvis,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been getting some conflicting information about the transfer of ownership process. 

As @Ernie_C advised, our processes have changed in regards to this. You can read more about the Changing Account Holder process on our website. 

In order to have your query resolved, you will need to get in touch with our team on 150/ 03454541111 to discuss this in further detail. We would suggest giving the team a call between 8am-10am to avoid long call queues.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you today.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs