Menu
MillieWhitim
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Responsibility

Hi,

I’m in a shared house. Previous account holder has moved out and after months of trying the account has been transferred into my name. On our package we have a welcome offer that reduces our payment by £22. I have now been told that because the account has been transferred to me it means a new account has been set up and I am not entitled to the discount, even though all I wanted to do was get the payment to my account not the previous account holder.

Is this right? I feel lied to as I’m not transferring responsibility but instead creating a new account which was not clear at all. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Hi MillieWhitim

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the confusion. There's no definitive answer to this one. The reason being is it depends what's agreed. If it's a simple TOR then the price will be the same on the new account for however many months a discount has to run. 

If it's ran out in the time period for the transfer, then it would be the full price etc. 

I can see you've spoke to the team today who have made you an offer. Let us know how that goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MillieWhitim
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My previous tenant had to move out due to covid and she was told as it was exeptional circumstances this was fine. All i want to do is a simple TOR, running the same contract with the discount which is due to run out in May.

The person I spoke to yesterday said this was not possible as we have to resign a new contract. I don't understand this as we want to use the same package deal and nothing in the property has changed, just whose bank details VM are charging.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

What was the resolution of the call yesterday please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos