Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Responsibility

I took over our Virgin media account when i got divorced and have been paying it for over 20 years.  We never got round to changing the name as it was such a hassle.  Now VirginMedia tell me that i'm not the account holder, and they have sent a form about transferring account.  However, they say that my current account will be shut and a new account will be set up.  I don't want to shut my exisiting account, and i'm already the person responsible for paying the account, i just need to change the name on it.

My ex-husband has also sent the form back to them, and has explained that we only want the name to be changed... but they don't seem to understand that i want to keep the account, and keep threatening to shut the account.

What to do?  Please help...  thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

You are NOT the person responsible for paying it. You just happen to pay it. If you stopped paying it would not impact you, the ex-husband would be the one chased for money / debt collection. Having the name changed (by the TOR) is what changes who use responsible for the account t.

That aside, they shouldn’t have to shut the account down, not really a TRANSFER of responsibilities at that point, just shutting down and setting up a new account.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Thanks for the post Nath64 and welcome to our community.

You can find the information on our transfer of responsibility process here.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos