Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer of Account - Issues

Hi there!

Over a 2 months ago I requested to transfer my Virgin Media broadband account to my housemate as I was getting ready to move out of the property. I and my then flat mate filled in all the forms and I rang Virgin Media a number of times to process the request. During my last phone call the Virgin Media agent confirmed that the transfer had been successful. A few days later I receive a 'Sorry to see you leave' email.

I have now received two emails stating that I have overdue bills, as well as another 'Sorry to see you leave' email. Can someone please check to see if the new debit details have been put in place and remove me and my email address from the account entirely. These emails' are becoming increasingly frightening and I do not want this to effect my credit rating.

Any help regardsing this isse would be greatly appreciated.

Carol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer of Account - Issues

Hi yespmedc46,

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry you're having problems with us since you've tried to transfer your account over to your housemate, I can appreciate that you'd like to understand what has happened and whether the transfer has been completed.

Did your housemate include all of the relevant documents (two forms of proof of residency) when completing the transfer form?

Do you know if your housemate has received any confirmation from us that the account is now set up in their name?

I will pop you a private message so I can pass security with you, and have a closer look in to this. 

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

Yes all the relevant documentation was sent, it was actually sent twice. The last phone call I had with your team confirmed the transfer of the account. My flatmate also received an email from your team also confirming the transfer and the account was now in her name.

Thanks,

Carol 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad we've been able to get this sorted out for you now 🙂

If you need anything else then please let us know.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos