Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Told to buy my own cable despite it not being sent with qick start. Customer service fail

I had broadband only but upgraded to tv and phone. I was sent a quick start pack that was missing a splitter and cable plus an rj45 adapter for my home phone.

I called VM. I was told that i would have to wait and have an engineers visit and pay. Whoa i thought. i told vm that i would buy my own cable. Peoblem solved.

Now i dont really use my home phone but i need to connect my home phone to my hub. Big problem as i still dont have an RJ45 adapter.

so i just called technical help  (victoria) who informs me that i have to buy the cable from virgin. Not happy i ask to be put through to cancelations as I have already had to buy a splitter and cabling that was not included in my quick start package when i went from Broadband only to full bundle.

Retentions then put me back through to technical help who spent 10 mins conradicting herself.  "we dont supply the cable" "we do supply the cable in the quick start box" to "we dont supply the cable but it does not cost a lot of money to buy yourself"

Back to retentions where i find the only solution is to once again go out and purchase the adapter and virgin will credit me.

How is this normal to try and offer a service yet not give us the required parts and them charge us again for supplying these parts.

Its like going to a resturant and looking at the menu, Order the steak butt then be told to bring it in yourself.

Not happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Told to buy my own cable despite it not being sent with qick start. Customer service fail

Maybe the forum staff can sort this out - that's your quickest and easiest option. 

If they can't, raise a formal written complaint by post , requesting that your account is credited with the cost of all parts you've had to buy, plus twenty quid (?) for the inconvenience.  If VM have not accepted that and settled on your terms (they're allowed two months to sort complaints out) then escalate to the arbitration service CISAS (details in the linked document). 

That's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but sometimes that's both necessary and deeply satisfying.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Told to buy my own cable despite it not being sent with qick start. Customer service fail

Thanks. I do tend to go for a sledge hammer approach as it seems these days tht nothing gets sorted unless it is taken to the highest level..
0 Kudos