Menu
scotch19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Told not eligible for a free gift for joining after I posted proof

I joined on a special deal that promised a free 32 inch TV with any of the bundles.

After waiting the period of time, I started chasing the order. After a few calls over a period of weeks they then said that I was not eligible. I said that I had the promotional info posted to me that I used when joining- Virgin asked my to send this in as proof so I posted this in and customer services recognised that what I said was the case and they would contact the Rewards Team.

Have just received an email saying that I am not eligible and only sports and full house qualify for the free tv- this is despite me sending in proof that my package qualifies.

Is it not possible to replay some of the recorded calls - it feels like Virgin have lied to me and got me to join under false pretences. What is going on here? 

0 Kudos
Fos67
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Told not eligible for a free gift for joining after I posted proof

Got the same answerIMG_20181212_215444.jpg

.check this out as I have kept it but they are making me out as a liar

0 Kudos
Fos67
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Quick enough to take ur money then screw you and they don't want to know you out heat it complaints

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Scotch19

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum, can we ask if the TV was included and noted on the contract you received after signing up? We're eager to look into this further for you.

Thank you

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fos67

As we have asked scotch19, do you have confirmation on the contract received via either letter or email that the TV was included in your deal? You also mentioned a complaint, has this been raised during a previous call?

Rob

0 Kudos
scotch19
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I received an Exclusive offer in the post. I called the phone number on this and went through joining over the phone.

I did question the person at the time with regard to the free tv offer and this was confirmed- if you record calls why not check these logs instead of making your customers go through this rigmarole?

I still have the letter addressed to me with the offer on it and the pamphlet with the offers in it. I was told to scan in the pamphlet which i have done but rewards team say not eligible despite the evidence posted in. Have now been told to scan in the letter and and send this in- if this is what was needed - why not make this clear from the outset and avoid wasting everyones time? Told to raise a new complaint online and upload the scan - can see no means of uploading - are you able to advise on this please?

Best regards, Scott

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scotch19

When did you make the latest complaint

Do you have a reference number beginning with COM

Regards 

Gareth_L