Menu
Trekbhoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

To pay or not to pay that is the question

Hope I'm on the right message board folks.  changed to direct debit on 31/7. was under the impression that bill due today would need an online payment and the direct debit would kick in for September however when I went to my bills to make a payment today it states that the bill was collected by direct debit on or after the above date. It also stated that I could check the "your payment details" section to confirm payment however can't see that anywhere. Tried phoning 150 twice on Sunday waited over 20 minutes both times without success. Same again on Monday morning. Tried again monday afternoon, waited 35 mins before finally getting an answer. Explained my problem and was asked to wait. Was told line would go quiet but to hang on. 9 minutes later line got disconnected.  Went to make a one off payment just to be sure thinking it would adjust itself next month if it was a double payment but apparently that's not the case the direct debit would be taken as normal and the credit would lie on my account. So like my subject line says do I make a one off payment or not. Or alternatively can anyone tell me how the hell I get someone from virgin to check with wasting half my day on the phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: To pay or not to pay that is the question

Kay thats a couple of different questions...

If my bill reports taken by DD, should I make an additional payment?

No. But if you do, depending on the timing its pretty much irrelevant. See below.

IF I DO make a one off payment what happens?

As long as the additional payment is made BEFORE the production of the next bill, the credit will be applied to the next bill. If its made AFTER the bill production date, it will be applied to the FOLLOWING month.

Also chill. They are pretty good at telling you they haven't received payment (strange that uh?)  and you get a couple of days grace to correct. So personally, id wait and see..

0 Kudos
Trekbhoy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: To pay or not to pay that is the question

Cheers kippies. Thanks for the quick reply. Pretty much what I thought  should happen but the wording on the bill page didn't make that very clear. Thanks again for clearing that up. 

0 Kudos