Menu
Ashburnian
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Tivo to V6 any loyalty?

I have been with these people since cable and wireless through ntl and also have broadband, I recently found out there was an offer this time last year to issue V6 boxes free of charge.

It would have been nice to have been offered a swap as my old TiVo is tired and slow with pixelation issues, when I renewed my package last December they wanted around £90 to swap, I did not know about the earlier offer at the time or I would have asked what price loyalty?

I now feel this will be my last contract as I am not paying a fee for something given to other free.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo to V6 any loyalty?

@Ashburnian wrote:

I have been with these people since cable and wireless through ntl and also have broadband, I recently found out there was an offer this time last year to issue V6 boxes free of charge.

I'm not sure where you found this out, I'm not aware of any offer to swap V6's FOC since a little while (I'm talking a few years).

If your TiVo has pixellation problems, that's a service fault and not - on its own - a reason to write off an otherwise serviceable box. I'm not sure of your basis for thinking you're paying for something others are apparently getting for free, but there's no monthly charge for a TiVo anymore than there's a charge for a V6.

There have been shortages of electronic kit across the board, and VM's hubs and TV boxes are no exception. In some cases they have restricted unnecessary swapouts of serviceable equipment to preserve stocks for fault replacements, it may well be that the £90 charge you were quoted was an effect of that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashburnian
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

TiVo to V6 box upgrade, any loyalty?

Posted this in the wrong section yesterday!

It would have been nice to have been offered a swap as my old TiVo is tired and slow with pixelation issues, when I renewed my package last December they wanted around £90 to swap, I did not know about the earlier offer at the time or I would have asked what price loyalty?

I now feel this will be my last contract as I am not paying a fee for something given to others free.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo to V6 box upgrade, any loyalty?

@Ashburnian 

It was answered yesterday - scroll up in this (now merged) thread.

Feel free to add to this thread as necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ashburnian
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to respond but clearly you do not believe me so I attach screen shots of the offer, the expiry date is shown as 30.06.20.

I could probably provide the link if necessary.

398133D6-1728-4B9D-A464-6B028E18AFCC.jpeg6438934F-344F-4A15-87E0-7C27E3632305.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

The offer you've quoted, was a targeted one - the T&Cs in the first picture do state "offer available to the addressed recipient only", was this addressed to you? I only ask because a few relatives of mine were sent mailshots with the offer you've mentioned and successfully used it. You've said that you "recently found out" which suggests that you weren't classed as eligible, for whatever reason.

Either way - the offer expired 30/06/20 as you say, so talk of it is immaterial. Unfortunately in this world, you often need to take the best available offers for service provision at the time you're comparing suppliers - what a particular provider offered in the past is certainly interesting, but of no direct relevance.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Ashburnian

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are feeling let down by us! 

Can you confirm @japitts question as to whether this offer was addressed directly to you? Also I can definitely have a look into the issues with your Tivo box if they are still on going? Just let me know if you would like me to and I will do so! 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ashburnian
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

That was my whole point which you missed if the the offer was selective and did not include long standing customers like myself I have the right to question the loyalty aspect. All the logistical and obvious points you mention I understand but as I mentioned at the next contract renewal I also will be selective.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I'm so sorry if I missed that @Ashburnian and thank you for confirming.

Can I ask if you still need help with your current box?

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ashburnian
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for your interest it was not sent to me but was linked on this forum. as just mentioned above if the the offer was selective and did not include long standing customers like myself I have the right to question the loyalty aspect. 
Ref the current situation the biggest issue is the picture breaking up at varying times and channels, no real logic to it.