Menu
Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is why I left, Virgin don't get any better...

So, just received the following email:

"We've now attempted to contact you several times by email and mobile about returning our equipment. As we haven't received our kit back, we've charged £65 to your account."

Firstly, not a single attempted phone call - yet having left their esteemed company I received three phone calls in five days trying to persuade me to stay, obviously not trying that hard.

Secondly this is only the second email regarding equipment, the first said a return-pack was on its way (not received), the first email was seven days ago.

Today's email had links to contact Virgin - these links don't work because I am no longer with Virgin.

Hopefully one of the two (I requested an extra) return-packs will arrive before I get charged.

Not impressed.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: This is why I left, Virgin don't get any better...

Hi Spellsinger,

I am sorry to hear you haven't received the returns package but keeps getting reminder to sent your equipment back, if you have now requested this it should arrive within 5 days, we are sorry for any inconveince caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully it will arrive within that timescale.

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Follow-up;

Received a text message (8.00am, Monday) saying kit will be collected this day by a technician.

Although good news, it would have been nice to receive at least a bit more notice period. I wasn't expecting the kit to be collected, and this text was the first correspondence of any sort regarding technician-collection.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the poor communication @Spellsinger

Hopefully you're in a position to pass over our equipment and we can ensure that this can all be completed for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Collected - all good. Received confirmation email that it was picked-up.

Question; how long before the bill reflects that everything has been returned i.e. when will the £65 charge drop-off?
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Spellsinger

Thanks for the update regarding the equipment being picked up 

It can take up to 10 days from receiving the equipment to be scanned and charges dropped 

If you do receive any more emails, texts etc about the charges can you please let me know on here 

Gareth_L

Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my equipment has been returned – and acknowledged as received – this was the 21st April, my bill is still showing an outstanding “Not Returned Charge” of £65.00.

Although I queried by phone (the answer was vague), does anyone have a definitive answer as to how long it should take to drop off the bill?

Payment is due in a few days, I don't want the hassle of trying to claim a refund.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spellsinger,

I've taken a look at your account and payment for £63.04 was already been requested to be taken out of your bank yesterday. However, the equipment is marked as returned and the charges have been dropped, so the £63.04 is now owed as credit to you.

We can arrange a cheque for you today, you may have to wait 10 days for this to arrive; or once the payment comes out of your bank you can request a Direct Debit indemnity to get the £63.04 back.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
Spellsinger
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Selena,

I think your "refund" calculations are incorrect.

The bill consists of £59.00 (the service), a credit of £60.96 (because the service was removed) = a total credit of £1.96
The equipment charge should not be on this bill in the first place (£65.00)

If you remove £63.04 I am £1.96 out of pocket?

0 Kudos