Menu
bitsandpcs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of leaving

Think of leaving as VM will be increasing my bill, can someone reply to this from VM and tell me my options please?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thinking of leaving

Hi Bitsandpcs, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your question answered, I am sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us! But I understand there are times for change 🙂 If you don't mind me asking, what is making you want to leave us?

We won't be able to cancel your account from here, however here's some info I think will be useful - 

• Are you out of contract? If you're still within the minimum period of your contract you could be liable for EDF's or Early Disconnection Fees, so think about this beforehand!
  • The best and quickest way to cancel is to call our retentions team as early as 8am in the mornings as this is our quietest time! Their number and options are 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4 then 4 again. Their job is to save customers from leaving so they will offer you a deal that may suit your needs, but if it doesn't float your goat 🐐 you can request to disconnect in 30 days!
  • Here's a link to some further information on our website about your contract and and if you want to cancel - Cancellations.

I hope this helps and I wish you luck in your ventures!

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

bitsandpcs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Megan, I only took out a new contract in November and was assured the cost would stay the same throughout the 18 month, so when i am told the bill will be going up £4 p/m for the length of the contract that a huge about to find especially in these time. CS didnt seem that bothered and when i asked about the discount for 6 months i was told i couldnt have it. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bitsandpcs

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. 

Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%. With many people working from home and relying on our services to keep in touch with family and friends, it’s been even more vital that we keep people connected.

We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bitsandpcs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So I have had to members of VM team reply to my post and not one has answered my question correctly or offered to sort it out, very disappointed.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bitsandpcs

We do not deal with package changes via the forums.

You'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bitsandpcs
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have called and was told they couldnt help with the £4 p/m off deal and could not change my package, now if i call i dont even get the £4 p/m message anymore.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am unsure of this but the team over phone or text would review the account and ensure you're on the best price for the services requested 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos