cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think virgin media has Extended my contract by another 3 months.

Chris123451
Tuning in

Virgin media has Extended my contract by another 3 months because i told them that I'm definitely leaving, and going to a different internet provider. I had 3 months left and now ive got 6 months left on contract. This company is awful, and corrupted. Been voted one off the worst broadband provider's. Over the past 10 months, virgin has switched off my broadband 40 times in 10 months. Any one reading this, do yourself a favour, and leave this company. I been using my mobile data 3 mobile, and ive had zero issues with it. Yet as soon as i switched on broadband I've had issues non stop. I been telling everyone to not get virgin media because over the past ten months my broadband has been switched off 40 times. Even they were surprised, and all said leave. Rant over. All virgin have done has pushed customer's away from their services because of how bad they've gotten over the years. Was once the best out there, but over the past year become the worst.

3 REPLIES 3

Andy3252
Tuning in

your lucky you have alternatives, where I am there is only VM 😞

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chris123451, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your broadband and now your contract length has been amended. We don't offer any 3 month terms so if your contract has been renewed, it would be for 18 months. This would only happen if you've accepted a new deal which came with a new minimum term. 

You can view your active contract within My Virgin Media here. 

In terms of the broadband, I've tried to go through diagnostics but it appears your hub is turned off. Please turn back on, post back here to let us know and we can then run the checks to see what's happening. It's important you leave the hub on until you hear back from us. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Chris123451
Tuning in

I made a mistake virgin hasn't extended. But i will say that virgin media has switched my broadband off 43 times in 10 months. I am so looking forward to getting rid of virgin as soon as the contract ends. Until then ive got to deal with virgin media maliciously switching my broadband off every time they see me using it. They literally wait for me to switch it back on before switching it off. Even though i switch it off myself to save power. They'll wait for me to switch it back on and then they'll switch it off when they see me using it. I guess that's them being passive aggressive. Hopefully others will read this, and see how childish virgin media are.