Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Theres no loyalty anymore...!

So, I've been a loyal VM customer for over a decade and always found them to be good value and service. Every time I need to renew, whilst I can't always barter the most inexpensive deals (reserved for new customers of course) they've always found something to tickle my fancy, usually involving an upgrade of some degree (probably to their benefit).

So, imagine my surprise, now being at the end of my contract, when they can't apparently give me any significant discount. I've just finished 12 months of the Ultimate Oomph bundle at £99PM (yes, the same one they're currently doing for new customers for £79PM). I've been clear that I don't want to spend over £100 monthly as that's my ceiling but would like to keep the services I have, but I am prepared to make compromises - drop the movies, shed a bit of broadband speed, change the unlimited SIM to a limited one, remove any land-line minutes or usage. Apparently, the best discount available is £10 off according to the team, even when trying a variety of means and adjustments. 

So, you're telling me that you're happy for me to pay £129PM for a service that is inferior to the one that you're offering to new customers at £79PM? I've heard of a new customer bonus, but this is ridiculous. 

I've had 2 calls to the retention team and unless this gets sorted I'm off onto a rolling broadband contract and out of here as fast as Sky can send an engineer. What an absolute scam, one exceptionally unhappy customer. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Theres no loyalty anymore...!

Hi Jbshuttleman,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the current deal offered. We understand that you have been a loyal customer and we would love for you to remain with us.

We will always offer you the best possible deal we have at the current time of you calling. As deals change all the time we may have a better deal in the future we could offer you.

Unfortunately we do not do upgrades or renewed package offers through our community page. Our retention's team are the people you would need to speak to get a new deal. 

Please give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 again. They will gladly look at what deals are currently available to you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jodi, but in which case the deals you are able to offer seem a long way off the mark comparative to what you are able to offer new customers, having already enquired twice.

Seems to me that VM is expecting loyal customers to foot the bill for the hefty discounts offered to new ones. I'm fairly sure that the government and CMA still have some work to do based on the 'loyalty penalty'. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Jbshuttleman,

We appreciate your feedback and we would have offered you the best possible deal at the time of you calling us. We understand that new customers are offered different deals but you would have been given a new customer deal when you first joined us too.

After the new customer deal has ended those customers will also pay the standard package price. We are sorry that we could not offer you a deal that suits your needs or budget at this present time and we do hope that you remain a customer with us but we understand your decision if you are looking for a new provider.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just hand your notice in and sign up as a new customer (assuming you aren't living alone at home) in your partners name, etc. Also don't forget about the cashback options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you are not a new customer. You would of had a better offer when joining then other would of had/

Depending discounts is not loyal. They should be called Disloyalty discounts.

To get the best prices with any ISP or service you need to move between providers at the end of each contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will not be able to downgrade from what you have to a rolling broadband contract. You will need to commit to a new minimum period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks