cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The red light on my hub is on and have done a soft and hard reset buts till the same.

PDC4LIFE
Joining in

The red light on my hub is on and have done a soft and hard reset buts still the same. Only able to use the wifi and not the wired connection. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PDC4LIFE

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the red light on the hub.

If you have tried the below, you will need a replacement. 

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. 

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, then the router will need replacing. 

I will send you a private message now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PDC4LIFE

Thanks for getting back to me privately. 

I have booked you an appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Do please let us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide