Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The longest you have waited for Virgin Media to help with chat? and Tv box not delivered, TWO PROBLEMS in

Hi, just wondered what is the longest anyone has been waiting for help from Virgin Media via the chat help? I am currently on for 29 hours, had someone put me through security questions, then passed me onto technical team, 24 hours later I explained the situation to a tech member from Virgin, he said reboot Hub and get back to him. I rebooted the hub, staright away (5 hours ago), still waiting for his response, is he on a long toilet break? (my broadband was supposed to be increased from 100mb to 350mb a week ago, not happenend, although Virgin Media have kindly charged me for this).

On top of that, took the day off today, as new box for tv was supposed to be delivered today, it hasnt turned up, is there any point in starting a new chat help? Have already rang, no success, emailed, told would get a response within a month, the fun never ends.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: The longest you have waited for Virgin Media to help with chat? and Tv box not delivered, TWO PROBLEM

Hi mtscrap,

I'm not sure how you've had a reply saying you'll get a response to an email within a month as VM don't have a customer facing email address.

You should have received text alerts regarding delivery of your equipment from the firm delivering the new tv box.

Did you check the tracking section under My Account in My Virgin Media  to confirm the TV box had been ordered, and date due?

You should also be able to check the broadband speed within MVM on your new contract.

You can also check your hub settings in a browser by going to 192.168.0.1 and click on Check router status below the sign in box, and then clicking on the Configuration tab, and scrolling down to Primary downstream flow and Primary upstream flow.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Da: The longest you have waited for Virgin Media to help with chat? and Tv box not delivered, TWO PROBLEM

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

For the email, I clicked on Virgins complaints page, clicked on Submit issue online, I did this and received an email saying I would get a response within 30 days.

For delivery I had confirmation that the box would be delivered today when I placed the order last week, and as you say would get text alerts stating time slot, I haven't had a text alert, under myvirgin I had confirmation of order, but no option to track and trace. I have tried online chat, still waiting for a response, tried several times over the last week.

I have tested the broadband speed several times a day over the last week, no change at have, have rebooted hub, no change.

The only change has been my bill which has been successfully increased.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Da: The longest you have waited for Virgin Media to help with chat? and Tv box not delivered,...

Thanks for the post Mtscrap and welcome to our community.

We can see there is a delivery scheduled but this is scheduled for a few days time and not today. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Da: The longest you have waited for Virgin Media to help with chat? and Tv box not delivered,...

Thanks Emily

I finally got a response today, and they have NOW arranged delivery, the Virgin Media employee said no TV box had been ordered previously, when I told them I already had an email confirming I had ordered a box, and would be charged, the employee said that  ' I should have ignored that email, it's meaningless'

I don't think they realised how accurate they were. No mention of sorry, when I told them I had taken the day off work, no apology, just advice on ignoring emails from Virgin Media.

Let's hope this one turns up, before I use up all my annual leave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Our apologies for any frustration with that. 

I'm glad to hear the agent was able to help with this. 

Please do let keep us posted. 

^Martin

0 Kudos