Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good god - the disgraceful deceiptful shambolic treatment of an 82 year old customer continues

Hi MurphyFamily,

I am truly sorry this was not resolved for your father. I will be more than happy to have a look at what has gone on with this I will send you a private message asking for some details.

Many thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good god - the disgraceful deceiptful shambolic treatment of an 82 year old customer continues

Hi Zoie,

I replied to your private message with the details as requested over half an hour ago ?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Another month, another shambles - the shambolic treatment of (a now) 83 year old pensioner continues!

Well everyone, another month has passed, so, right on cue, its another shambles from the Virgin billing team.

Yet again, they have ripped off my father by overcharging him AGAIN this month (it happens so often its hard to keep up).

To recap, due to the absolute shambles from previous months (feel free everyone to read the entire thread - this is how Virgin treats 80+ year old pensioners), on Dec 3rd Zoie P sent me several PM's, one of which said, and I quote,
"I have added the credit and this is how your next bills will look :
The one for November which comes out in December is 83.25 [ note that amount of £83.25, readers - its important].
The bill that is for December which will come out in January is now for -9.45 so no payment will come out in January.
The 9.45 credit will then be taken off the next bill but that has not been emulated yet."

So, obviously (no sarcasm intended) you'd expect the bill to be zero, with the February payment being whatever it is meant to be, minus the remaining £9.45 credit.

But, we then get an email saying on January the 20th they will be taking £22.30, meaning they are, I assume (always a dangerous thing to do with a Virgin bill) attempting to take £31.75, using up that £9.45 remaining credit, and arriving at £22.30.

NO NO NO - my father has SIX MONTH DISCOUNT DEAL AT £83.25 A MONTH UNTIL FEB 2020 (Ive put this in capitals as Virgin staff seem unble to comprehend this - Zoie P at least acknowledges it above thankfully), so the bill should be £83.25 - £95.25 credit, making it zero this month, with £12 credit remaining (a slight difference of Zoie's £9.45 credit, but what's £2.55 between friends).

You know, if anyone reads the entire thread, do you know that despite all the mistakes, all the lies, all the constant, month after month (after month) mess-ups, the taking out of my fathers bank account more money than what they had emailed him stating it it would be (which is, I believe, actually illegal), not ONCE have Virgin even offered an ex gracia payment as a sign of an apology......not once.

Just to be clear, Zoie P was genuinely helpful, patient, and very pleasant, but, I shouldn't need to be forensically going thru my fathers bills month after month, trying to unpick the mess time after time - and point out to Virgin what their OWN bill SHOULD actually be!  

So, again, if any moderators can again help this would (again) be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another month, another shambles - the shambolic treatment of (a now) 83 year old pensioner co...

Hi MurphyFamily,

Sorry to hear your dad is still having billing issues, I will definitely look at what has gone on with the account as I do remember dealing with this. I will send you a private message so we can through account security again and see what is going on. 

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another month, another shambles - the shambolic treatment of (a now) 83 year old pensioner co...

Hi

unfortunately I too have had a very bad experience with VM despite being a customer with them from the 90’s. They constantly lie,offer solutions,offer small compensation then  fail to carry out them. My dispute is ongoing remaining unresolved since October so a call to the CEO office will be made later today requesting all recordings to date so I can escalate my complaint to Offcom and the other governing body (can’t remember the name atm) VM are failing their existing customers And only seem keen on recruiting new ones. Roll on July when I can actually leave this train wreck of a company as I absolutely refuse to pay a leaving fee to a company that fail in their service.  Good luck to  you and your dad and I hope you get it sorted. I very much doubt it but you never know !! VM you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

0 Kudos