Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That price is good ?

Hello i using virgin media 2 years and first year i paid 28 £. Now i pay 44.50 £ for 100mb/s. For now i have 22mbs becouse i check using speed test. After 2 months my contract its ends, somebody now how pay less because 44 £ its too much for me or change.

By the way sorry for my english 😉

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: That price is good ?

when your contract is up only you can decide if you are getting a good deal.

you can call in and try and get a better deal in exchange for a new contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok but what i can say ? I dont know. If i ask about upgrade with the same price its ok or just reduce price.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have ended yiur new customer discount period and are now paying the same price as everyone else - see below.  as apcyberax says call in and see if you can get a better deal - you should get it a bit cheaper. 

Just say you are thinking of leaving and want a better deal - they are not doing that as "easily" these day though.

But if not be preapred to move elsewher and get their new customer deal.  You can always return to VM in 12/18 months when that contract ends - and benefit from a VM new customer offer then too😎

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 17.13.39.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok i see but 2 more things.

My neighboors have the same problem just call to virgin and they reduce price.

I can't speak properly english

Before my contract finish i call to virgin and just ask about this 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has to be done on the phone - you will be at a disadvantage - just call to cancel and be prepared to carry out the move - they usually will reduce the price if they believe you are really commited to leaving. If not they do sometimes call you back when you are in your 30 day notice period to offer a better deal. But not always - its like a game of "chicken"

Or perhaps ask someone with better English to call and negotiate for you once you clear the security check and you can sit in the next chair to say yes or no through them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.