cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

KellyT1
Joining in

I am trying to close an account and start another, because I am moving house with a month's overlap. Of course the new account has been set up with no issues, however to close the old account, I cannot get through to ANYONE.

I go on the world's worst "live" chat, get through to someone after an hour or two, who says they need to put me through to the movers team. I do not believe this "movers team" exists at all, because NO ONE answers messages there.

I will simply stop the direct debit now - I have given my notice numerous times, and not once has VM done anything about it. 

Out of all the companies I deal with, the customer service at VM is the worst I've ever experienced. No matter how fast your broadband is, you'd better sort it out or you will have no customers left. 

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KellyT1, thanks for joining our help forums and welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with disconnecting your old account after you've moved properties, we'd love to best assist you with that.
We've seen that you spoke to our team earlier today and we've now raised the service disconnection for you, this process will take 30 days to complete.

We do appreciate the concerns you've expressed above and we're sad to hear of this poor experience with reaching our team regarding this, we can confirm there's indeed a dedicated team that deals with house move processes and they can be reached via our main line 0345 454 1111 or via the chat button here.

Please, note when our chat queue is busy we won't be offering instant replies however we'd respond as soon as our agent is available again.

We'd like to advise in case you're not happy and wish to raise your concerns with us about the above we'll be happy to help raising a complaint for you - let us know if you want us to support you further with this and if you need more help or advice regarding the services and your VM account.

Lastly, we'd never recommend to cancel the Direct Debit while the account and services are still active on the old account as we'll issue your final bill once the disconnection has been confirmed.

Cancelling before taking your final payment for this account may lead to overdue bills and late fee charges which is not the experience we want for you and may as well cause further implications with closing this account since we can only action this once the balance has cleared if full (after final bill has been paid) - also, if you're using the same bank account for your new account payments we'd be unable to retrieve the monthly payments for your new services and property.

Do tell us if you have ore questions or concerns, happy to advise.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs