Menu
CC01
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terrbile experience post berevement

My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly in December. I have been trying to resolve issues with Virgin ever since. I thought I had swtiched the account to my name and reduced the number of TV channels to the basic package since I no longer need all the sports channels. I believed I had set up a Direct Debit in my name. (I made a note in my long list of all the things I have had to change after my husband's death that it was due to leave the account on 4th of each month.) There have been various glitches along the way, including loss of TV for about 6 days which suddenly reappeared with no explanation, and a lot of time spent on the phone to various people. I thought everything was sorted, finally.

This morning my husband's business partner forwarded an email that has come through to my husband's email account which he is still managing. It is addressed to me, but it could quite easily have slipped through the net. It tells me that I owe Virgin Media £101.28 plus a late payment fee and warns that I need to settle the account now in order to avoid loss of services.

I can not log into the account with my name and password which I set up over the phone on one of my long conversations a few weeks ago. After some trial and error I find I can log in as my husband using his business email address and a password I have dredged out of my memory. On checking the bank accounts I find that no money has gone to Virgin on 4th February.

So I exist as a customer from whom Virgin wants money, but I don't exist as the person who should be contacted and my Direct Debit instruction has not been completed.

Do I pay my debt (I can't afford for the internet to go awry as I am teaching my class remotely during lockdown) or do I wait up to 28 days for the complaint that I have filed this morning to be recognised and someone to contact me? What with everything that has happened in the last 2 months, I am pretty stressed already and this is tipping me over.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrbile experience post berevement

Good morning @CC01

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I would like to start by saying how truly sorry we are for your loss. 

I am sorry that the level of service that we have provided up until now has been less than acceptable. 

I would like to take a further look over everything for you. 

In order to do so I am going to need to drop you a PM, you can find this in the purple envelope in the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos