Menu
giorgialeoni
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terminating service

I’ve been trying to terminate my broadband account for 3 months as I’ve moved to a new home without Virgin coverage and the new tenants want to set up their own Virgin account but after probably 20 calls each longer than an hour, they disconnected me at the last step so it’s been impossible to close my account while having been charged.

In all my calls, they said they’d call me back but never have so I’m starting to think it’s all a big scam by Virgin to keep customers unwillingly.

Posting on social media and getting a lawyer will be my next steps if this is not resolved.

How did others manage to terminate?

Thanks

Giorgia 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terminating service

Either wait for the forum team to work through to your post (in a few hours / days) to see how they can help or consider the following options:

• make Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom
  • Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:
    Virgin Media Sales Operation Support  
    Diamond Plaza  
    Daleside Road  
    Nottingham  
    Nottinghamshire  
    NG2 3GG 

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media) in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

punkrock101
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would not surprise me if they are hanging up deliberately... terrible company to deal with I’m glad to have finally escaped them, they have a cavalier attitude to customer service.
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The new tenants could even set it up after saying they’ve moved in to a new home and they end up disconnecting the current.

0 Kudos