Menu
jshell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tenancy End before Contract End (Student)

Hey there,

I am moving out of my University accomodations at the end of this month (June 2021) but the broadband contract is 12 months from Sept 2020 - Sept 2021. Does anyone know the process of what I need to do with the router and if it is cheaper to try and terminate the contract earlier?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tenancy End before Contract End (Student)

Check out the links below for info

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/returns

The issue that crops up regularly on the forum is actually getting hold of the returns packaging from VM, which does not seem to be a reliable and robust process. That might also be a difficulty if you have moved out of the property the VM service was registered to.

Once you have returned the equipment, keep good records of any posting/packing/tracking no. info and delivery info. to prove that it did actually go back to VM.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jshell,

You would need to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, or freephone number 0800 052 0422  but best to call at 8am, or around tea time to avoid call queues

Or write to VM to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Since you are still in contract there would be some early cancellation fees explained  on the following link

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Have you checked <<< This link >>>  to make sure your equipment needs returning?

If the kit doesn't need returning there's also a link on the same page detailing local recycling points.

Returns packaging is usually sent out 10 days after the cancellation completes.

You can also request returns packaging using <<< this link >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any reason why you were not on a student contract, i.e. 9 months instead of 12 months?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jshell
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't find an option for it last year 😕

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jshell, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you were unaware of the student contracts we offer. 

Speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 for them to get the account cancelled down for you. They will go through the disconnection process and advise what to do with the equipment. 

Please let us know how the call goes and if you need any additional support, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide