cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telehealth when switch land-line to fibre network

DJK165
Joining in

Hello

My mother has a Virgin phone line only. She also telehealth and we have received notice that she will be migrated to fibre network on 9th October 2023. As she is disabled and a frequent faller, I am keen to make sure that her telehealth works post-that date. Telehealth have said that Virgin should provide a new router and adaptor. I rang the 0345 4541111 number earlier today and following a conversation which was difficult to understand, I think the person on the other end promised that he would book an engineer. How do I confirm this? I can see nothing on my mother's Virgin account that says an engineer has been booked when I search. By the way, I have power of attorney for my mother and Virgin was sent the documentation in 2019.

Kind regards

Debbie

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DJK165,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your Mother's Landline Telehealth looked into before the Switch Over date, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration when you tried to call 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Usually you can see any appointments booked under "Orders" in her MyVM Account, they sometimes take a while to show so please check this again today if you only just called the Team yesterday 🤗

As your Mum is vulnerable with a Telehealth alarm she would be eligible for an engineer visit who would set everything up for her. Here's a really helpful link with loads of information about the migration which may be helpful to you 👉 Digital Switchover.

I would also recommend giving the Telehealth customer support to make sure her alarm is compatible with a digital landline as this is an issue that has cropped up previously with other customers. 

Please let us know if you still cannot see the engineer visit on her Online Account and we can take a closer look into it for you!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello - I can see the engineer visit but I was unable to rearrange the engineer visit on line. Should I be able to do this as I am sure it is what I was told when I rang 150 from my mother's virgin land-line yesterday?

DJK165
Joining in

Hello - I have called telehealth who say that Virgin should provide a new router and adapter. Engineer visit not for a week or so. I will let you know if this doesn't happen.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DJK165 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us on this thread 😊.

Did our team advise what date the engineer is round?

What did our team advise on the phone?

Let us know, we will do what we can to help. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide