Menu
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Taking advantage of black friday deal

So I only have the broadband package at the moment, but I want to get the ooomph package. How best to go about this as when I try to upgrade im not offered any higher speed and the tv package is less with no phone and no second box.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taking advantage of black friday deal

Good Afternoon

I may be able to assist you with this.

I can arrange you a call back from an agent who will be able to run through any queries you have regarding upgrading.

I will pop you a private message to take your details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I should also mention that I have called the retentions team butRe: Taking advantage of black friday deal

I should also mention that I have been calling the retentions team, but nobody seems to be picking up.

0 Kudos
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: I should also mention that I have called the retentions team butRe: Taking advantage of black friday

Well here we are at the end of the week and still no call back and nobody answering the phone.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: I should also mention that I have called the retentions team butRe: Taking advantage of black...

Hi mejinks

Thanks for posting. Did you reply to @Christy_D's PM?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: I should also mention that I have called the retentions team butRe: Taking advantage of black...

Yes, several times to remind that I STILL hadn't had anyone call me back.

0 Kudos
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still no call back 2 weeks later
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi mejinks,

Sorry to hear you've been unable to get through to us to cancel or change your package. We're unable to process this on here and appreciate that you've tried but please call us again on 150 / 03454541111 to speak to our Retentions Team. The best times to call us are weekdays between 8am and 10 am. Alternative you may text them on 07533051809 where the replies are not instant but they will get back to you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why is it so difficult?

I sent a text to that number which replied with a number of texts saying I was in a queue.  24 hours later, I am playing text tennis with 10 minute break in between texts with someone offering to downgrade my package for the same money.  They then come back with a slightly better package of 200mbs, but not what I have asked for three times during this long running text session.

This is beyond frustrating and a horrible customer journey.  What do I have to do to get what was advertised?  I am trying to give you money!!!!

0 Kudos
mejinks
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So we have gone full circle.  I've been told I have to get in touch with the "oomph team" which just so happens to be the general line.  As much use as a chocolate teapot.

0 Kudos