cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Virgin Media to court options

nickka
Joining in

We need to take Virgin Media to court – they don't do anything to resolve a lack of service at every level.

However I gather it's necessary to go through the VM formal complaints process before proceeding to small claims.

Is this correct?

I have a month's 'paper trail' via WhatsApp of what they have promised and haven't actioned.

Does this count?

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you go to court then you need to be very clear (and legally correct) on the basis of your claim in law or industry regulation.  For a few things this is straightforward, for many things its not, and if you get the claim wrong, then you'll lose and not get the court fee back.

Rather than taking VM to court now, why not use the industry complaints adjudication scheme CISAS?  That's lower risk, costs you nothing, its outcome is binding on VM if you accept it, but you can reject the outcome and still go to court if so minded.  Also, courts expect that claimants have exhausted both the formal complaint route with a company, and then tried alternative dispute resolution (in context CISAS) before taking the matter to the courts.

So write up your complaint to VM, send it by recorded post, being clear on what the dispute is, what the evidence is, and what resolution you want.  They might offer you a good outcome, we only hear of the instances where VM don't - although that's still too many.  If VM don't settle the complaint on your terms, then you reply by reject their "resolution" letter and asking for a deadlock letter, and with the deadlock letter you take the matter to CISAS, where most customer complaints are conceded immediately, or upheld following a full adjudication. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nickka thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised and your ongoing complaint with us.

We do really want a chance to resolve your complaint for you, and get this sorted without going through the legal process due to the timescales this can take for you.

Are you able to provide more information as to what has happened here?

If you could provide a screenshot of what we have offered, and perhaps clarify what you have been charged we'll be more than happy to advise further?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W – send me a direct email and I can send details.

Hi Tom_W1

Send me a DM or send me an email address for you – and then I can reply.

Hi @nickka, thanks for coming back to us.

I'd be happy to drop you a private message and to take some details from you.

Once we've been able to successfully pass data protection, I can file a complaint for you, or work on a complaint that you may have already raised.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and we'll get to work on this.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn