cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV alternatives

tadori8
Joining in

So as my contract is coming up for renewal and frankly all the prices are a bit nuts so far, does anyone have any recommendations on the most cost effective way to try and keep going with Kids channels, Sky sports and TNT sports, and should I be looking at any particular recording boxes for Freeview etc if I go that route to make the above easier to set up? If I have to suck it up with highlights of the motorsport I watch, then so be it but I’m currently homebound recovering from emergency surgery so it would be nice to have the option to keep live.

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tadori8 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'd suggest speaking with our team on 📞 0345 454 1111 who can go through any suitable packages with you and to negotiate a new deal.

Thanks and wising you a speedy recovery!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freeview won't give you access to pay-channels or the premium-sports broadcasters unless you're willing to supplement it with an online-streaming route via NowTV for those - and forego the recording capability.

Only Sky & VM will offer you a recording-based box with those channels, so do the comparisons yourself - and then once you're armed with facts & figures, you have a good basis for negotiating with VM on a potential re-contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks