How do I upgrade my physical TV Box?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@watts44rpa wrote:

How do I upgrade my physical TV Box?

Which VM TV box do you have? You can check <<< here >>> 

If you have the older Tivo box then you need to be taking a  broadband service with VM in order to upgrade  to a different box.

If you do have the older Tivo box and it breaks down then providing you do have broadband with VM you will receive a free upgrade to a V6 box.

You would need to contact customer support to either upgrade your current box or negotaite a new deal and process a box regrade at the same time.

The V6 runs on the same Tivo interface as the older Tivo box but has double the storage, more apps and is faster.

The 360 box runs on the Horizon interface and is completely different to the Tivo based boxes.  There 's a thread <<< here >>> which explains the differences

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi watts44rpa, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community 🤩

We don't deal with package changes via the Community and this also includes equipment upgrades. Please call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can go through your options with you. 

Pop back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs