Menu
maddened
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switching to Sky

I am a retired graphic designer and I no longer need the fast 200 Mbps broadband service. Now that I am an OAP on a limited pension £64 per month is too much for me to pay. Sky has offered me a cheaper service at £36 for an 18-month contract. I cannot contact anyone at Virgin with whom to discuss this matter. I believe I am on a monthly rolling contract which means I need only give 30 days notice to Virgin before I stop my payments. How can I clarify this matter quickly?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching to Sky

Hi maddened, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us, this is not what we like to hear. 

To cancel the service we would require 30 days notice for the disconnection so it would be worth planning any new installation to coincide with that. 

When you say you have been unable to contact the team, what has happened when you have called please? 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
maddened
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nat, I have been trying all the ways to contact Virgin Media including Community Forum, emails and phone calls that just don't get answered, I have also sent notice of leaving on Twitter (the only social media I use). Now I'm told that VM needs 30 days notice. Excellent, please tell me more. Is there a set way to tender notice to quit, what about the equipment and bearing in mind I have paid a £64 today if my current package will continue until 01/03/2021, I would be grateful if you could confirm the VM department that you represent? This notice was already sent by Twitter to @Virgin_MediaUK last week. Please contact me by email [REMOVED] to confirm what else I must do. Kind regards [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill,

I am really sorry that you have struggling to get through to over the phone,

I'm afraid that we'd be unable to take notice of leaving via Twitter/Facebook as our team do not have account access from there. The Twitter handle @Virgin_MediaUK is also not our official handle so we wouldn't have received this I'm afraid. Did you provide them with any personal account details? Our official Twitter handle is @VirginMedia.

Sadly, we are unable to process cancellations or package changes from here, but we're able to help with pretty much everything else. I completely appreciate that our hold times are a lot longer than usual, but we do ask that you please continue trying to call us or write to us instead at Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG if you are wishing to leave us.

Sorry we couldn't be more help from here.

Kind regards

Beth

0 Kudos
maddened
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Beth, for taking the time to answer my Tweet. I would write to Virgin Media at the address you sent but I am over 85 and been banged up here for over a year now, alone and mobility challenged for getting out to a post office. Strange, you'll agree that if I'd missed a payment VM wouldn't take too long in getting in touch. I am quite disappointed in that I am leaving because Sky has offered me a 18 month deal with a lower broadband Mbps for £54 per month. I am also quite disappointed that nobody from VM has even bothered to make a counteroffer. All the best Bill Watters.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill,

This isn't something we'd usually do, but given the circumstances we do really want to help - I don't want you to have to struggle getting out trying to send a letter to us.

I'll pop you over a PM now and take some further details 🙂 please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos