Menu
StephenO
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switching ISP

Hello,

This has probably been asked before but I can't find an answer on here, or anywhere else!

When switching to another provider from VM to, say Sky, Is it a simple switch?

Would another provider be able to use the VM cable? Or would thay have to use a telephone line? for the broadband?

I looked at switching many moons ago but sky couldn't do it as they needed a BT line. Which I don't have as when we switched from BT to Telewest, as it was then, the installation engineer disconnected the old BT line.

P.S. Reason for switching..... VM want £50 per Month, 'others' want £25 per Month for the exact same service!

Help.....

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching ISP

Other providers would need a phone line.

BTW I am surprised that Sky did not offer to reconnect your phone line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
StephenO
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank You, I did wonder that...Not much has changed then.

Still, not a problem.

0 Kudos
StephenO
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WOW just WOW

Virginmedia your customer service sucks and you have the audacity to increase prices by £3.50 a Month when ypu are already double the price of others!

2 bloommg days txting back n forth to a 'customer service' representative. I get it's not live and can take a while, but 2 Days????

And then at the end of it i get a txt saying sorry, its not anything they can deal with and will pass to another team. Then ask if there is anything else they can help me with..Blooming Heck, You never helped me with this query!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, StephenO

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. 

Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%. With many people working from home and relying on our services to keep in touch with family and friends, it’s been even more vital that we keep people connected.

We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
StephenO
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now.......Finally

0 Kudos