cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Ebilling and still receiving paper statements

Nanceyes
Tuning in

Hello,

As per instruction I switched my preference in account settings  to: "eBills / Email / Text" but I'm still getting paper statements through and more importantly still being charged for something I thought I opted out of.

Have I missed something? after searching pretty much every setting on my virgin media for ages I'm pretty sure that's the only way to switch and it hasn't worked.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Nanceyes, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the e-Billing side of things.
Are you able to check your online My Virgin Media account to ensure that the changes have gone through and have been saved?

Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

Yeah it saves and I can see it says Ebilling/text/email every time I go into settings, I actually set it a while ago after browsing these forums and pasts posts on how to do it correctly so I'm thinking the problem is not my end

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply @Nanceyes on the forums.

I've had a look on my end and I can see that it says that it is still on the traditional paper billing.
Are you able to double check and see?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 16-15-14 Account Details Virgin Media.png

This is a screenshot from my account details page

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nanceyes 

I'm afraid that section only deals  with how you receive communications from VM.

It doesn't have the function to change from paper to paperless billing.

The VM help pages are of no help either as the method they advise doesn't work.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will process this change for you, rather than you having to call in and speak to CS or Billing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah I see,

I don't know why its so convoluted to switch, I've been going round in circles on account settings.

Half the info I find is outdated including the official support page from Virgin, since the My virgin media website now has a different UI to the instructions.

In fact I just went and checked the official support page to switch to ebilling has a big red button that says "SWITCH TO EBILLING" upon clicking it I'm taken to the account page and setting I screen shotted earlier?!  Did they forget to put the functionality back when they overhauled the websites design?

Its rather annoying if I'm honest, it really shouldn't be this hard to just say "no paper bills" from the billing page or at least a link to the correct settings page.

Hey Nanceyes, thank you for reaching out and confirming this for me.

If this is stating you are getting e-bills now this will be the case, sometimes for example the bill could of already been in the post when you requested this change.

Please do keep us updated you shouldn't get another paper bill going forward. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, Today I received another paper bill. Clearly my account needs looking at the e-billing setting has been ticked for months and its not working.

@Matthew_ML

@Ilyas_Y

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nanceyes,

Thanks for providing an update on this - I'm very sorry to hear things still haven't been resolved. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can get this resolved for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ