Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Such a bad provider and how they try and trick you and lie to pay more for the same package disappointed

Phoned up as my speed was very slow I'm paying for 200mb but only getting 40 as my contract is nealy up they said to sort it out I will have to upgrade to a new package with a speed of 350mb that will  cost £110 I said I want myspped sorting out first then we will talk about deals of new contract after 8 hours of online  and pushing me to takeout the contract that I would pay more than I am now £40 more I asked about  speed over and over they wouldn't pass me over in the end I got fed up of messaging after 8 hours and stopped (I SCREEN SHOT ALL THE MESSAGES) the next day I live chat to them again for 5 hours still pushing me to sing up to a new contract that's very expensive I was also lied to fobbed off and they want no help at all after 4 and a half hours they then passed me to the tech team ran lots of test abs said they will send me a new hub but again the said that I should take out the new contract that was £110 my best option so as it stands it's the worst provider thank God I have all the evidence iv only been with them a year and if had so many problems disused how they treat there customers iv asked them to start a complaint procedure they said they have but I doubt it I'm now thinking of leaving as they was no help at all to go from £70 now to £110 for the same package is discussing im now going to have to phone them waste more time trying g to sort it if I can get hold of them on the phone not happy at all 

No help at all not even trying to help just pushing for more money 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Such a bad provider and how they try and trick you and lie to pay more for the same package disappoin

They are absolute geniuses at giving you the run around and making you go in circles without ever satisfying your complaint. Their service values are truly horrific....alo they want is to keep your money coming in and to avoid doing anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Such a bad provider and how they try and trick you and lie to pay more for the same package d...

Hi Holliehox82,

Thank you for your post and a warm welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear of the overall experience you've had in seeking help for your broadband speed issue. It certainly is disappointing to hear you've been treated this way and not the level of service I'd expect to come from us.

In regards to your broadband speeds, I'm keen to find out what's causing you not to receive your expected speeds. Can you please confirm what speeds you receive over a hard wired connection - using a Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable if possible - this will allow you to achieve speeds over 100mb/s, as long as your device has a gigabit network card. The minimum guaranteed download speed on the 200mb/s package would be 107mb/s download speed to the router. The hard wired speed test gives us a better indication of what speeds are coming into the property which allows us to identify whether there is an external issue or a WiFi issue in the home. You can find out more about our speeds here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

If you have spoken to us since Friday concerning your complaint, please let me know the outcome of that call and what the team advised.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos