cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription - change after discount expires

Peter4858
On our wavelength

Please forgive me i’m not sure if I’m in the right place but Just need a bit of help

I have a promotional discount which ends on the 6th of April. I do not wish to keep sky cinema or sky sports as this will take my subscription to over £150 a month which I do not wish to do,

As with all the streaming service’s out there it is simply not cost-effective, so I need to give notice before this date, so my subscription does not increase, I also would like to find out what else I could reduce it to. I would like my broadband left as it is but just to alter my TV package.

Also, could you give me an idea of call charges for my home phone to Canada thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Peter4858 

The call charges to Canada would depend upon which VM phone tariff you are on.

https://www.virginmedia.com/010123_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf? 

As to your promotional discount ending, call up and either have a word with regrades or retentions.

The best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (thinking of leaving us) but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line (regrades) agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. Or failing that you can place your cancellation with that team.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much for the information it was very helpful. Thank you.

regards Pete.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Peter4858,

Thanks for raising your query and welcome back to the community.

I'm glad @newapollo's advice was helpful for you!

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain