Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Subject Access Request

Dear Readers,

Please send me the contact details to make Subject Access Request to get my account and service opening dates.

Thank you,

Harry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subject Access Request

Hi notharry

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Virgin Media experience to the extent of requiring a dsar.

You can either call our team on 150 from any Virgin Media phone service or 0345 454 1111 from any other network and after clearing account security you make the request verbally.  Alternatively you can request in writing by writing to the address detailed here

Alternatively, I would prefer to try to help you as much as I can to resolve your issue.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do give the forum team an opportunity to help as it is likely they would be able to resolve this issue far sooner than the GDPR time frame of a calendar month. Should you decide not to then the Data Protection Team contact details follow:

If you’ve got any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you can:

o   Write to us at:

Data Protection Team
    Virgin Media Limited
    Sunderland
    SR43 4AA

o   Send an email to dpo@virginmedia.co.uk

[source: Our privacy policy and your data]

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See the ico guidance here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r...

How do we recognise a request?

The GDPR does not specify how to make a valid request. Therefore, an individual can make a subject access request to you verbally or in writing. It can also be made to any part of your organisation (including by social media) and does not have to be to a specific person or contact point.

A request does not have to include the phrase 'subject access request' or Article 15 of the GDPR, as long as it is clear that the individual is asking for their own personal data.

By posting here you have effectively made a subject access request and Virgin Media have 30 days to provide you with the information.

How long do we have to comply?

You must comply with a request without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request or (if later) within one month of receipt of: 

• any information requested to confirm the requester’s identity.
  • a fee (only in certain circumstances).

You should calculate the time limit from the day you receive the request (whether it is a working day or not) until the corresponding calendar date in the next month.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.