cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck with incorrect charges

whammybird
Joining in

Hi guys,

Basically I had an 18 month contract with Virgin and It was supposed to be 32 a month. They agent who set this up only applied it for 12 months but virgin admitted fault when the price was increased in December and applied a rolling discount to reduce my payments back down to 32 for the duration and gave me a good will gesture.

They didn't apply it though again in error and billed me again for double this amount. I feared this would happen so asked if I should cancel my DD which the agent advised me I should. They attempted to collect 66 again but thankfully it obviously didn't go through.

I complained about this obviously and the result was that someone from a resolution team emailed with me and said I can canvel early with no charges, I would just need to change providers, get set up and email her to let her know I had changed over.

I did just that and got no response until recently when I found out it hadn't been cancelled and fees and charges have been applied. It's with the ombudsman now and I submitted the evidence that I had emailed to tell them to go ahead with the disconnect but they didn't action it.

Obviously there are charges now and they are sending me emails saying it could result in it effectiving my credit score. When I call up the agents take a very long time to read through the notes and are often very confused as to what to say or do or cannot understand me. I'm concerned about the sort of threatening emails and it hurting my score when I obviously don't owe the money and it can be evidenced.

Any advice on what to do?

The staff keep saying a manager will call but their either don't or ring once and hang up or I miss the call. I can't be here all day waiting for a call that may or may not come and I'm just really frustrated and anxious about the whole situation.

0 REPLIES 0