cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange email

davdavdav
Tuning in

I have had an email saying I have a new contract, this is 2 days after my contract is due to end. I do not wish to continue with Virgin, can anyone from Virgin please explain what's going on?

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM contracts don't end unless you take steps to cancel them.  Once a fixed term discount period comes to an end the contract reverts to a rolling 30 day contact at the price indicated by VM in the contract details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, I called to terminate the contract, which they said they would do, which should terminate on the 7th of December, only to get the email saying thanks for taking out a new contract which will begin on the 9th of December at a higher price I was paying.??? 

Hey davdavdav, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I can see this post you have been in contact with the team about this, did they manage to help at all? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Mathew, it's not very clear as to whats going on. DrinksMenu gave an expanation as to what he thinks may have happened, but it would be good to have someone from Virgin to say exactly whats happening, I'm a pensioner and the last thing I want is money taken from my account when I have heating and food bills to worry about.

I can see you spoke to the team about this since you posted on here so they should of advised.

What do you mean by DrinksMeun is this who sent it? If so have you give them your email?

Have you signed up to them at all via there company or services or sub company?

We wouldn't be able to confirm where an email come from you would of had to give them your email out for them to email you. 

If you mean the contact email, sometimes the team will email you to confirm the disconnection. 

If you want we can go to PM and I can confirm the disconnection for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

? DrinksMenu is a forum user and a contributor to this thread. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).