Menu
Mike9999
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stopping marketing letters

How do you stop receiving marketing letters in the post? I tried going on the online chat who said they couldnt help but gave me a customer services phone number, on ringing that you've got to navigate through about a million options, all of which require you to enter some digits of your password before you can speak to someone. I don't have virgin, I cancelled it about 5 years ago so I don't have a password to enter. I just want you to stop sending me a letter every week saying "we miss you come back Smiley Sad" if you were that bothered you wouldn't have messed me about in the first place which is what caused me to switch to sky

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stopping marketing letters

Either:

• wait for a forum team member to work through to your post; this can take a few days
  • send an email / letter to Virgin Media stating your objection to the processing of your data for direct marketing
    2018-06-05.jpeg
    [Source: Our privacy policy and your data]

FYI: postal communication should stop within 2 months of the organisation receiving your objection and if the organisation can reasonably stop sooner then it must.

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike9999,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted calls from us. 

In order to change your marketing preferences we'll need some information from you. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike9999,

Thanks for coming back to me with the details I needed via private message Smiley Happy

We've requested that your marketing preferences are changed to No Contact so this will stop any addressed marketing letters you are getting from us. 

Please be aware once this has updated it can take up to 6 weeks to stop the calls from coming through. This is due to pre-loaded campaigns and offers having already pulled the data we need to arrange for the calls to our customers which do not update with the account preferences once they are in use. Once that 6 week time-frame has elapsed all current campaigns and drives should have finished and all new ones will have your updated preferences preventing them from calling you.

If you are getting unaddressed marketing then this won't stop that. For that you will need to check this out from the Royal Mail: How do I opt out of receiving any leaflets or unaddressed promotional material?

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lewisae
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you help stop mine as well please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lewisae and welcome to the community,

Existing customers can opt out of marketing by logging into My Virgin Media here: https://virg.in/myVM and heading to 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences'.

Alternatively, non-customers can opt out here: http://virg.in/optout.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lewisae
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem is, the My Preferences option doesn't actually appear so I can't do that, hence why I am trying to find some help 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah, sorry to hear that Lewisae,

What actually happens when you head to My Preferences? Are you selecting the tab as seen below?

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos