Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stopping My Direct Debit as I'm in Credit

Hi

I upgraded my Virgin Account on 9th January and the new contract I received from Virgin Media stated that my monthly service charge would be £82.00.

On the 30th Jan I was billed and paid Virgin by Direct Debit £224.78
On the 28th Feb I was billed and paid Virgin by Direct Debit £130
On the 31st Mar I was billed and paid Virgin by Direct Debit £130

I have calculated that I have overpaid Virgin Media £238.78.

I have tried calling the help centres to sort this but they're closed and just point you back to the website, which isn't going to get this problem sorted. Obviously the COVID-19 situation is the main factor here and I can understand the associated staffing issues.

What is the best way forward to get this sorted? Should I cancel my Direct Debit as I don't want another £130 coming out of my account this month and then being further in credit.

Any help gratefuly received.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stopping My Direct Debit as I'm in Credit

Hi there, firstly I would suggest checking your bill either online or via the My Virgin Media app available on both platforms, this way you can check to see what the charges are, I believe as a new customer you are charged for the first two months but am unsure about upgrades/downgrades/renewals. 

The additional charges maybe due to pay for it services through your set top box. 

If after checking these details and you find that you have been over charged, I would recommend making note of the amounts and persisting with contacting customer service, as if you cancel your direct debit, you will be charged for not having a direct debit.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to send me a message.

Regards 

Edward_A 

Virgin Media Technician working from home

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edward

Thanks for your suggestions.

I do use the Virgin Media app and have access to my new contract which clearly states that I will be charged £85 per month from 8th January 2020 and run for 1 year until 9th Jan 2021 when the monthly price will then increase to £135. With things as they are financially I really need to have this sorted before the next direct debit is taken. I have posted letters last week to both the customer services and the Virgin complaints department and am awaiting their reply.

Do you know of any other telephone numbers that I could try as the main help number gets me nowhere?

Thanks again for your help.

Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos