Menu
Janc3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for refund

I cancelled my contract in July and was billed in August £109.87.  I keep getting a bill to say I'm in credit but it looks like an amount is being taken from the credit for line rental, £19.00.  My land line is now with BT, the telephone number is with BT.  The Virgin line is no longer operating as it was cancelled with the rest of the contract.  I've made countless on line chats and made a complaint but nothing has been sorted.  No one seems to be able to resolve the mistake of charging for phone line that doesn't exist and I'm still waiting for my refund of overpayment since August.  I would rather pay another company more money than deal with Virgin again.  The online chat is hopeless, on the occasions I've used them they are downright rude. Spent 1.5 hrs last time trying to explain, the agent basically told me it was my fault, how that works I've no idea.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for refund

Hi Janc3,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred. When you cancelled the service can you confirm if this included a number port? If so then it might be that the line would not have been cancelled along with the rest of the service.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janc3

It is probably no consolation, but you are certainly not alone here (as these pages can attest).  If and when you do manage to get this sorted, the final indignity, from this ‘cutting edge’ 21st century communications provider, will be a refund by cheque, weeks (possibly months) after your account has been closed.

0 Kudos
Janc3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes it was everything. BT received the number straight away. 

Since posting on the forum I have been able to speak to someone who has taken ownership of the issue and is sorting it out.  It was a simple process, a minor error was made and it was left to snowball into something complicated..  it does seem everything at virgin media is broken into so many different depts no one knows who is doing what and the customer communication is totally lacking.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying and the update, Janc3. Glad to hear it's being sorted out. Apologies again.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Janc3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm back still waiting for the refund that was promised🙄, apart from that the advisor logged a complaint on my behalf and gave me a reference number.  I never received either an acknowledgement or a response.  I did make a complaint back in August and heard nothing.  One complaint ignored maybe and is understandable ( although it shouldn't happen) but second one logged by a member of staff is beyond belief. 

I like to think my refund will eventually turn up as it's money money owed . The complaint  is surely a separate issue, I would think it should be logged as some sort of dissatisfaction with the service provided by Virgin Media, no one seems to care.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear this, can you please confirm the complaint reference so we can check on this? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Janc3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Emily,. The complaint reference is COM104273362

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming.

It looks like the complaint has been closed as resolved following credit applied to correct this. 

If on a closed account it will be sent over cheque to the property which can take up to 45 days to arrive with you in the post.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Janc3
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Emily, thanks for your reply. The refund is money owed.  Why was the complaint closed as surely it should be responded to as it was a complaint about  the poor customer service, whether that be a training issue or incompetence at the outset.  The fact that I'm recieving my money back should not affect the complaint.

0 Kudos