cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still unable to activate Netflix

Cgull153
Joining in

I have called VM to report it and also posted a message but still no contact or attempt to sort this. Netflix is a promised part of my package so I have cancelled my subscription (why pay twice) but VM are not giving me the service. I have therefore not currently got access to watch it. Can someone from the moderator team have a look at this, please?

11 REPLIES 11

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cgull153,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to see your Activation button isn't working to set up Netflix. Can we ask if you have you tried setting it up on your set top box? If you go through the box to set this up, when it comes to the payment it should say pay Via Virgin Media.

We only ask as remotely checking from our end, this issue is still with our 2nd line faults team and is still being investigated.

If you do not wish to try the above, our team will be in contacted once they have a resolution to your issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

It will only permit card details to be entered. There are no other options. This may be because I had a previous account that is suspended. Please hasten.

Thanks for coming back to us Cgull153,

Apologies for the delay. You may find that your internet has just gone off, when this resumes, please can we ask you to try and access your Netflix app through your STB and see if you have access please?

Kind regards Jodi. 

No, because I had an account on my email it only lets me input a card number because my account is suspended.

We appreciate you trying Cgull153,

Remotely looking from our end, we can see this issues has already been reported to our 2nd line faults team who are currently investigating this matter for you.

Our team will be in contact with you once we have found a resolution for this problem. We do apologise for the time this is taking, and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Can somebody please send me the Netflix activation email, maybe that will work. I have spoken to Netflix and they have tried their end and suggest it may be because I haven’t received the email.

Hi Cgull153,

If Netflix is part of your bundle the activation emails are sent automatically, not something we can resend.

Can you confirm if you go to your online account do you have the "Activate Netflix" button?

Alex_Rm

I do but it come up with an error message when I press it. It says, ‘Sorry, something has gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try later’. It has said this for weeks. My contract says I have Netflix, VM customer services says I have Netflix and Netflix say I have Netflix but I haven’t had the email or text to activate it. Everyone says I need that message to activate it. I received an email saying I would receive an activation email but it has never arrived. I have checked junk, past emails, deleted emails etc. I haven’t had it.

Thanks for confirming Cgull153, 

This sounds like something we'll need to raise an IT ticket for, I've popped you over a private message to get a new more details from you  (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm