Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still not connected properly

20201008_140102_compress11.jpg

Seven weeks ago a virgin engineer had to do this because no one arrived to put a box on my wall. This is my next door neighbours split open box with cables trailing over two footpaths between the detached houses. I text Virgin to say no one had come to sort two nights before installation. I used the 'chat' a week after and two weeks, then 4 weeks. Nothing heard, no interest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still not connected properly

Hi TC61,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to speak to us to fix your neighbors omni box since your installation.

I am sorry as this is in the neighbors property and not yours it would need to be them that call so we can arrange a technician.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

Oh dear - read again... it's my connection from my neighbours box. As no one came out to put my connection in! The engineer had to do a bodge job and still no one has been out to provide me my own connection. It's still a borrowed connection strewn across two walkways!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi TC61,

You advised it is the box missing in your neighbors property, I appreciate this was done while connecting your services it will be a work order on your neighbors account we would need to arrange.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

But what about my connection? That's what caused this problem in the first place! I still do not have my own connection. The reason for my post is that I don't have my own connection and that's how the borrowed connection from 7 weeks ago was left by the engineer. It needs sorting as I'm supposed to have my own box without wires trialling over footpaths.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bit hard to work out the geography from the single picture but the cable seems to be clipped across a footpath and then trails across the ground without any flexible conduit to protect it.

This post from Tuesday this week seems to be a very similar (identical?) issue

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Complaint-Poor-installation-from-neighbou...

where a technician was sent out to remedy it.

In any event, the quality of OP's new installation does seem to be pretty poor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good monring @TC61 

Thank you for taking the time in coming back to us. 

I have looked into this on our end, I have emailed the AFM (area field manager) to review this. My hope is that we will be able to get your install correctly.

As soon as I hear back from the AFM ill get back to you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank goodness goslow I thought I'd entered the twilight zone there for a while! Thank you so much for commenting - it meant a sensible person eventually responded, phew - why is everything so difficult!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak_M could you also see about the wifi extender I've ordered 3 times but never received please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@TC61 wrote:

Thank goodness goslow I thought I'd entered the twilight zone there for a while! Thank you so much for commenting - it meant a sensible person eventually responded, phew - why is everything so difficult!

In fairness to the forum team, they have to read dozens of posts on dozens of topics each day. It is very easy to quickly read the first post and get completely the wrong end of the stick on what the post is about (which I have done many times myself).

The first time I quickly read your post I thought it was a complaint about a VM installation for your neighbour which had been done badly and left across your property. No criticism of your post, I just read it too quickly and only came back to it and re-read once the topic grew.

If there is an issue giving you your own connection during installation, it is common for the technician to hook up to the neighbour's connection as a temp fix with a view to coming back to do something permanent later on. I think that also explains the poor cable route over your footpath. It was a get-you-working fix. Unfortunately, these kinds of fixes sometimes become 'temporarily permanent' unless the customer gets back in contact!

Hopefully the area manager can assess what needs to be done and either give you your own connection or get someone back to tidy up what is there so that it is safe and out of the way.

0 Kudos