Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still being charged after cancelling renewal

I phoned up to say I wanted to cancel my renewal. I was told this was all done on the phone so I cancelled my direct debit, now I’ve received a overdue bill. Phoned up to find out what was going on and was passed to 5 different departments who kept saying they couldn’t help but would pass me on to someone who could, after being on the phone for over 1hour 20 mins it just cut out! Every person I spoke to said they could see a note that I said I didn’t want to renew but the last person I spoke to said I still have to pay as my account is still live. I’ve moved house over a month ago and was told my account wasn’t being renewed so why am I still being sent bills? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being charged after cancelling renewal

What was the date that you phoned in and cancelled ?

What date was the last bill raised ?

What is the period that the last bill covers ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled my renewal on Oct 3rd on the phone, my contract was due to be up Oct 13th and I received a letter saying I owe money today Nov 17th. Originally i was going to stay with virgin at my new address as I moved Oct 5th, that was all arranged but then they said they didn’t cover my area so they said it was all cancelled. I even phoned up to double check it was all cancelled before cancelling my direct debit and they confirmed on the phone it was 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kara888,

Sorry to see you have queries with your bill. 

Have you received a bill that says Final Bill yet?

You cancelled your renewal on 3rd October which started the 30 days notice, so the account was due to be closed 2nd November, and would be billed up to that date..

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. (2nd November)

In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date  it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I never received a final bill no. My plan was to stay with virgin at my new address which I was told I would be able to and a deal was agreed for £26 a month, then they said they didn’t cover my address after being told to begin with they did. On my email it says my bill is £49 which would be a full month at the at my old address if I had just stayed with virgin there and continued the original contract. Even if my notice was counted as from Oct 3rd I still shouldn’t be charged a full month it would only be from Oct 13th to Nov 3rd. Also I’ve just logged into my bill online (I couldn’t earlier as it said the system was down) and it says I’ve started a new contract on Oct 15th and my latest bill is £105.50! The last few people I spoke to on the phone before it cut off said that my contract was cancelled so I don’t know what’s going on 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kara888,

Thanks for posting and very sorry to hear there's some confusion with your final bill/ cancellation.

So I can help I just need a few more details from  you, I've popped you over a private message for this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos