Menu
Zaidee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still being billed after cancelling

I spent many weeks trying to get through to customer services to cancel my contract after it ended in March 2020 where the monthly payment almost doubled. I eventually got through to someone in October who dealt with everything for me. I was given a cancellation date of 20th November. This must have gone through as I got a call the following day from a man trying to talk me into staying and became very rude when I said I didn't want to. Shortly after this I noticed my bill had a credit balance and after some searching on here i saw that this would be sent to me as a cheque. Realising last week I had never been sent this I logged into my account to find out it is still active and I have been getting billed at £19 per month. As this was being debited against the credit on my account then I was not aware. I tried calling customer services but they were not even taking calls as the line just continually disconnected. I am now in debit and worry that this will affect my credit file. Can anyone help me please? 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being billed after cancelling

Hi Zaidee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your disconnection request doesn't look like it has been actioned.

I have had a look our end and I have managed to find your account and action is required, so I can help further and discuss this with you, I will send to a request for a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ljohnston
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem- I cancelled my account on 5/2/21 as I sold my property and had spent the 2 weeks prior to moving trying to speak to someone at Virgin Media to close the account. When I finally got through I was told my account had been closed and was sent an email titled Disconnecting your Virgin Media services and confirming action had been taken. However, I have now received further bills (which do not say they are final bills or acknowledge credit for the period since I have lived in the property). How can I speak to someone to get the account fully closed and stop further bills for a service I am no longer using?

Thanks,

Lily

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ljohnston, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are still being charged following a disconnection and this should not be the case, when was the disconnection booked? We would require 30 days notice for all disconnections. ^Chris

0 Kudos
ljohnston
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. It took 2 weeks for me to get through to Virgin to disconnect the service so I wasn't able to give the full notice period. I understand that means I may have some bill to pay but I was told when I finally got through that I was being disconnected and I would receive my final bill. I haven't received a final closing bill and am just receiving normal bills and charges for unpayments. I don't know what I should be paying and it is very hard to get through. Are you or another colleague able to help me resolve please?

Many thanks,

Lily

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I will send you a private message to get this looked into for you. ^Chris

0 Kudos