cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Boost

didger2007
Tuning in

On 6th April,via an offer on My Virgin Media page, I believed I was raising my speed from 250mb to 350mb,with a £4 p/MTH price increase.

I received an email regards this,and have a downloaded pdf with all the details,yet when I logged in to my virgin media a couple of days later,my contract still stated 250mb,so I've waited for the current bill period to end,and having checked again,contract still states 250mb.

My question to you helpful folk is therefore,could the Email/PDF I received be a pre contract thing?and I should have confirmed by maybe completing another page on my original application for 350mb?

The offer no longer shows,and when I click the link for current upgrades/offers,the speed increase is now £6 p/MTH,so I'm guessing there's no way of retrieving the original offer and this is an error on my part?

Kind Regards in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @didger2007, and I'm pleased we were able to have this resolved for you.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums, if there are any further issues with the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @didger2007,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that there seems to be some kind of complication surrounding a recent order. To clarify, was this something that you did online via your My Virgin Media online account as opposed to speaking with a member of the team? Do you recall roughly the date that this was done?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I did it on the 6th April on my online account.It was a header at the top of the page advertising a special offer for me,or words to that effect,and had been there for a while,but no longer.

Hi @didger2007,

Thanks for that. Did you then receive an additional email after doing this both confirming what you wished to sign up for along with the option to offer consent for the change to proceed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I received an email(no longer have),that had attached x2 PDF's, one for terms and conditions, and another which I still have titled Contract Summary Sheet.Dont remember seeing anything regards me having to finalise it,and assumed it was already completed,though obviously wasn't the case.

Hi @didger2007 thanks for your reply here.

Can you please try and retrieve the email, as without this we may not be able to take this any further without that proof?

If you can try and locate this, we'll do our best to assist further.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W1

Unfortunately not,email received 6th April,I can only retrieve emails in my trash from mid April.

Like I said previously,I have details on the pdf if that's of any use?Current price for said speed boost isn't much more than I was offered,but would have been nice to have had the figure I thought was in place.

Hi @didger2007 thanks for your reply here.

I understand - if you're able to print screen and send over here anything you feel may help, that would be hugely appreciated!
Kindly reply with this, we'll see what we can do and take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Screenshot_2023-05-05-20-53-10-319~2.jpegScreenshot_2023-05-05-20-49-24-873~2.jpeg

Good Morning @didger2007, thanks for coming back to us, and for the screenshots.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn