Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry we can't confirm your username

Hi,

I'm trying to access my account under my new email/username that i reset 18 months ago - at which point i could never complete due to the error 'sorry we can't confirm your username'.  I've come to revisit this as i need access to my bills but when i try and re-initiate the confirmation by sending another email via the login process, it just comes back with the same old message. 

Unfortunately i've forgot my password so I've tried resetting the password on my old account username but it doesn't recognise my security answers - first screen asks for mothers maiden name and DOB (hopefully i would have thought i knew this regardless of case) and 2nd screen asks for account and latest bill details which is sitting in my email Inbox so not sure how they are coming back incorrect - possibly because of this username verification issue???

Can someone help to either reset the password on my old username or get this confirmation email to work finally??

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry we can't confirm your username

Hello ianl49

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced but thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forum.

You mentioned you reset this 18 months ago, can you confirm the reason for this? Was it due to a house move? Are you still a Virgin Media customer with active Virgin Media services?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I tried to change the email/username 18 months ago when i took out a new contract as i no longer had access to the existing email address - it is sending the bills to this new email address even though the username part is not confirmed.

I am still a customer, i just want to look at my recent bills as i no longer get paper ones as i've noticed additional charges each month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey ianl49,

Thanks for confirming.

I'll pop you over a PM so I can take a closer look at what's going on and assist from there,

Check out the purple envelope for a message from me

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos