cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.

david506hk
Joining in

I am another unhappy customer who cannot register account but the services were up and running since more than 1 year ago

I can see there had been so many griefs from customers for registering on that portal.

Can you please fix it asap?  Otherwise customers are unable to view their accounts.

Moreover, I just received a email 20% discount from Virgin media saying that if I renew today I would get a discounted price, however, I cannot take that offer due to the above issue. Please advise...

Many thanks

Another very unhappy customer

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @david506hk 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues registering for an online account at this time. 

Ensure your password meets the below criteria:

•  Be between 8-64 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  Special characters are allowed but not required (e.g. ! # % & @).
•  Cannot contain easy to guess words, usernames, or previously used passwords.

Please let us know if this is still not working for you and we'll investigate this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

My problem (and many other virgin's users encounter the same problem as well) is even though I entered a password that fulfilled all the requirements you mentioned above but still constantly keep getting the error message "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one." Please advise.

I am sorry to hear this.

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Try something like part of your address and part of postcode. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have already tried many different passwords which meet the criteria you mentioned above........what can I do. Please advise

david506hk
Joining in

Can any stuff PM me to help me to open my virgin account?????? Your help is really appreciated.

I'm happy to look into this further for you david506hk, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob