Menu
Cuilean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Someone used my email to open a VM account

I've got several email addresses, each for a specific purpose.  I have one which I use just for Paypal.  It would appear that a lady in Scotland (I'm a VM customer in the south of England) has given this email to open a VM account.  Maybe deliberately, maybe just as a typo.  My inner cynic is erring on the side of "deliberate" because the same person gave my email address when they opened an O2 account. 

When the first VM email came, it had the standard "Received this in error? Take no action" at the end of it, so I took no action, but today I've had two emails from VM, with the lady's home address details and a document for her to sign electronically to initiate the VM contract.  I've tried messaging VM and just been told there's a long wait for a customer service rep to deal with my message.  Is there any other way to let VM know that their customer has given the wrong email address? I don't really want VM messages for someone else mixed up with my Paypal transactions.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone used my email to open a VM account

will flag this - @ModTeam - this needs some input fairly quickly - not sure if data protection kicks in here - if so then can someone sort it please

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone used my email to open a VM account

Hi Cuilean,

Thanks for letting us know about this and apologies for any concern this has caused. 

I will be more than happy to help with this, however, I would need a few more details from you. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I need, if you can reply to that, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C