Menu
annie101
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Someone in Complaints please

Closed my account by phone in January as I was moving.  Gave forwarding address.  Was told I was due £22 refund.  No refund arrived.

Received email in February saying I had not paid the final bill of £49.  I had not received a bill and still not had the refund.

Connected with Live Chat the same day. Eventually told the bill was an Early Disconnection Charge because I was still in contract at the time of disconnection.  Well, no I wasn't and I have an email from Virgin dated 4 December saying I was no longer in contract.  After THREE AND THREE QUARTER HOURS on Live Chat a message came up 'Due to technical difficulties we can't access your account'.  So I ended the Chat, asking for an email from Virgin to explain what this bill was about.

No communication since from Virgin.  A few days ago I received a text from BPO debt collection agency.  Virgin facebook tells me there is no email address for the complaints department.  I can't use the Contact Us forms on the website because I'm not 'a primary account holder'. There is no point calling customer services.

Can someone in Complaints please contact me?  I've been a Virgin customer for 20 years and don't expect you to set the dogs on me for a debt that seemingly doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone in Complaints please

Hi @annie101,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you for your first post.

We're sorry to hear that you have left our services and have been experiencing so many issues with your disconnection!

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account through the details you have added on our forums.

However, we would need to speak to the account holder in order to look into this issue further. Apologies about any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
annie101
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina, I am/was the account holder.  I have always been the only account holder.  An issue arose several years ago when I changed from ntlworld email to gmail.  I was told I had to keep a virgin media email address, so the ntlworld one (which I closed and haven't used for years) remained my 'primary' email and the gmail address was deemed to be a 'secondary' account user, even though its the same person!  I tried a number of times to solve that problem with Virgin, but to no avail.

The only other time I ever had a problem with Virgin it was taken up by someone in the forum team and sorted out (I received compensation for that mistake)

Can you take up this issue for me? I have proof that the account was cancelled, that I was out of contract and that the equipment was returned and received by you. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @anie101

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am going to pop you a PM so we can grab some account info 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos